It is our intent, as the North/East Texas District, to create a safe environment for all children & families that we serve. It is necessary that every church and every ministry creates and implements a child safety system including an active protection policy, screening process, criminal/sexual background checks, and awareness training.
NazareneSafe exists to equip local churches in enforcing that policy, and creating safe environments for God’s family. NazareneSafe is the toolbox to help you build a safe, protected church. Every North/East Texas Church must become a NazareneSafe Church! For more information, visit the full NazSafe website at NazareneSafe.org.
NazareneSafe Summer 2021 Training Workshops
Tuesday, July 6, 2021 @ 6:00pm – Carrollton Church Must register in advance – contact Pastor Beth Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to attend the workshop trainings? Another Option: Online NazareneSafe Study
- View the 7 online NazareneSafe Videos at this link .
- As you view the videos, complete the NazareneSafe Worksheets at https://
- Pastors & Staff: document the participant’s worksheets, completion, & quiz; keep in your insurance file.Questions on this training or on the Nazarene Safe Program? Plus find out if a ‘live’ or Zoom training can be scheduled?Contact Pastor Beth Rush at 708-704-7019 or email@example.com
District NazSafe Coordinator: Pastor Beth Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zero Tolerance Policy – is worldwide!
“The Church of the Nazarene has adopted a zero tolerance policy for sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior with minors. All workers, leaders, and pastoral staff are to be above reproach in their conduct and to act in the best interest of others. This requires not only that they themselves refrain from engaging in any abusive or suspicious behavior involving minors; they will also be required to report without delay to the proper authorities anyone seen engaging in such behavior.”
– The Nazarene Board of General Superintendents
Components of the Nazarene Safe™ System
- Awareness Training
- Staff and Volunteer Screening – Background checks must be repeated. The frequency of repetition is up to each church. Some churches elect to have them done annually, some elect to do them every two years with the training,
- Policies, Procedures, and Practices For Working With Minors – Your church needs to review your NazSafe policy every two years (at a minimum)
- Accountability: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Reporting and Responding
**NOTE: all workers and volunteers at District Kids Camp, Teen Camp, and Family Camp must have completed NazareneSafe (or equivalent) training.
VIEW UPCOMING TRAINING & EVENTS LINK
References & Tools: